Council continues to acknowledge the impact of the significant Public Health Emergency event known as Covid-19 (Coronavirus) and offers the following support options for ratepayers and community groups who have suffered hardship by virtue of the event:
Fines and Interest Withheld - Council will continue to remit all fines and interests on outstanding rates and rates arrears to ALL RATEABLE ASSESSMENTS in the council area added in accordance with the Local Government Act 1999 from the period commencing with the Declaration of the Major Emergency by the State Coordinator for South Australia, that is 22 March 2020, and concluding on 31 March 2021 (inclusive).
10% Remission on Rates Available - Council will support ratepayers who experienced financial hardship, for the period 22 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 due to the impact of Covid-19, by offering a 10% remission of rates, upon application through the Rates Hardship Policy (excluding Water Policy requirements) available at and subject to the following eligibility criteria:
- Business must have incurred a 30% reduction in revenue for the period 22 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 when compared to the same period in the previous year; and
- Residential ratepayers need to prove they have incurred an income loss of 30% for the period 22 March 2020 to 30 June 2020.
You will be obligated to provide to Council with demonstrable proof that you are experiencing undue and unavoidable hardship directly relatable to the impact of the COVID-19 event.
- This detail may for example include Centrelink applications made for the various Federal Government funding programs, Employer advices, Revenue Statements, “Cost of Living Payment” detail and other forms as appropriate.
- Hardship in this instance may relate to the loss of employment, or reduced hours of employment, the closure of or significant scaling back of business arrangements, loss of revenue, and the like.
- The opportunity for ratepayers to make application under the provisions of Council’s Rate Hardship Policy not affected by the impacts of the COVID-19 event, will still be available as needed.
B2B: Business to Business Support - Council will fund a one-off payment of $33.00 for small businesses operating within the Light Regional Council to access the Regional Development Australia Barossa Gawler Light Adelaide Plains Inc’s Business to Business Program.