What are the benefits of receiving electronic rates?
- Easier and more convenient way to manage your payments
- Able to pay your rates at anytime, anywhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Able to use any device (phone, laptop, tablet, desktop)
- No longer receive hard-copies in the mail, saving paper and reducing waste
How do I sign up?
There are two different ways you can have your rates notice sent to you:
- By email to your inbox.
- To register for email delivery, simply fill out the online registration form found on the Ezybill website. Your next rates notice will be conveniently delivered to your nominated email address. The email will contain a link to the Light Regional Council’s secure payment system where you can make your payment.
- You will also receive reminders and other relevant notifications and will also be able to view or reprint current notices, as well as previous notices, on whatever device or computer you have handy.
- From BPAY
- To register for BPAY delivery, log into your internet or mobile banking, look for the BPAY View or View Bills section, and register to receive your Light Regional Council rates notice.
- Your rates and overdue notices will now be sent straight to the same online bank you use to pay them. You will also be sent notifications, reminders and will have secure online or mobile access. To find out more visit bpay.com.au.
How do I pay my rates with the new electronic delivery system?
You will still be able to pay your rates in the same way you currently do, regardless of how you receive your notice. For example, you can still pay via online banking, credit card or in person.
Once I have signed up, will I still get hard-copies of my rates notices?
No, the electronic's rates notice will replace the hard-copy.
Will the rates notices look different?
No, the electronic rate notices will look the same as the hard-copy notice.
Is it compulsory to sign up for electronic rates notices?
It is not compulsory to register for electronic rates notices. If you do not choose to register you will still receive hard-copies of your rates notice.
What happens if I move houses?
Your account for that assessment will be de-registered. If you buy another house within Light Regional Council you will need to register that property to receive the electronic notice.
Can I receive more than one notice at a single email address?
Yes, you can register multiple assessments for the single email address.
Can multiple recipients’ receive the same notice?
Yes, provided they are registered to that account.