Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert

The health of our community, visitors, and staff is our number one priority.

Council’s response to the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is being guided by the latest advice from Commonwealth and State authorities.

For the latest information visit the SA Health or Australian Government - Department of Health websites.

Dismiss alert

Obtaining a Liquor Licence

If you are intending to host a party or organise an event (or a series of events) where liquor will be sold, you are required to obtain a liquor licence known as a limited licence.

This requirement applies even if your party or function will be held at a private venue. It includes parties/events where guests pay a cover charge and alcohol is provided. It also applies if you run a raffle or ask for any donation of money, even for charity.


It is an offence to sell liquor without holding a licence.


A limited licence may also be granted to an existing licensee seeking a temporary extension to trading rights under his or her current liquor licence. The licensee may be seeking an extension to a trading area, trading hours or to permit entertainment on premises not subject to an entertainment consent.

The below guide (from Consumer & Business Services)  is for people interested in organising an event where liquor will be sold:

Limited (Event Based) Licences(60 kb)


How to Apply for a Limited Licence

Applications for limited licences can be lodged online on the Consumer and Business Service’s website.