Council will consider supporting events that align with the priorities, needs and expectations of the community (as reflected in Council’s Strategic Plan) that can:
- Deliver significant economic benefits to the Light Regional Council area as well as social, cultural and other benefits to the resident and business communities;
- Demonstrate wide community support; and
- Enhance the profile and reputation of the region
Council provides financial sponsorship for events on the basis of competitive funding rounds (for more information, visit the Sponsorships & Grants Page). Separately, Council also provides assistance to Event Organisers in the form of ‘in-kind’ support which may include:
- Event planning advice;
- Publicity and promotion (through Council’s website and Facebook page, Events Calendar, and Visitor Information Centre);
- Road closures;
- Rubbish removal;
- Clean-up of toilets areas; and
- Equipment hire (including orange mesh bunting, orange plastic bollards and safety cones, community event ahead signage).
Specific fees and charges are applicable to in-kind event support, which may include:
- Fees for the provision of waste bins and waste removal;
- Fees for closing roads; and
- Fees for cleaning public toilet facilities.
Events may be eligible for a waiver or reduction of these fees. Please speak to Council’s Community Development Officer for further clarification on (ADD) the costs associated with in-house support, and your group’s eligibility to receive a waiver of these fees.
As it is not financially practical or possible for Council to be involved or invest in all events, Council must limit its involvement according to its capacity and priorities. The Event Management Policy provides a description of how Council prioritises applications for support.
Requests for Council Support for your event can be made via the Event Application Form. Alternatively, please email your request for support to email@example.com with a description of the event and the additional information requested below.