Stormwater Management Plans
Draft Stormwater Management Plans
The Light Regional Council, in partnership with the Stormwater Management Authority and Adelaide & Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board, released draft Stormwater Management Plans for Freeling, Greenock and Kapunda in October 2016 for public consultation. The Plans were subsequently endorsed by the Council, subject to some changes which are now being finalised before seeking approval from the Stormwater Management Authority and Adelaide & Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board to adopt.
The Plans have been prepared following detailed investigations that included early and final consultation with residents to understand their stormwater management and flooding experiences. These contributions assisted with the preparation of further modelling and flood mapping to better understand stormwater movement in these key areas during storm events.
The Stormwater Management Plans are extremely comprehensive, with the following items reported on:
- Overview of Flooding and Damages;
- Stormwater Management Objectives and Approach to Developing Mitigation Strategies;
- Non-Structural Management Strategies;
- Structural Management Strategies;
- Watercourse Character and Condition;
- Water Quality; and
- Cost – Benefit Analysis .
The draft Plans that were publically consulted on are provided below and will be replaced by the final Plans once approved.
- Freeling SMP Report(36451 kb)
- Greenock SMP Report(43538 kb)
- Kapunda SMP Report Part 1(28151 kb)
- Kapunda SMP Report Part 2(14160 kb)
- Kapunda SMP Report Part 3(31579 kb)