It is FREE to join the library. Current identification will be required at the time of joining. Children need a parent or guardian to come into the library with them while they join.
The services vary at each branch but the loan of fiction, non-fiction, adult and children’s resources is available.
- Library catalogue
- Recreational, information and educational material for all ages
E-books and downloadable audio books
- Free internet and PC access (Kapunda & Freeling branches only)
- Wireless Internet access (Kapunda branch only)
- Large print books
- Audio navigators for sight impaired customers
- Photocopying and printing (fees apply)
- Children’s programs
- Books and audiovisual materials in languages other than English
- Online databases
- Language kits
- Home Energy toolkits
- Community Information
- Local and family history collection
- Access to a wide range of materials through the state wide ‘One Card’ network
You can borrow up to 100 items per card, including 20 audiovisual materials (eg. DVDs & CDs). The loan period is 4 weeks, except for audiovisual material, which are for 2 weeks.
Note: You must bring your library card with you whenever you would like to borrow.
If you need to extend your borrowing time, please contact your library branch or renew your items online via the library catalogue before they are due. If you have already renewed the item twice or if it is reserved by another borrower, it cannot be renewed.
If you want to reserve an item, you can login to the online library catalogue or contact your local library branch and they can reserve it for you.
Items can be returned to any of the Light Regional libraries or any library service within the ‘One Card’ Network.
Items can be returned outside of library opening hours.
- At Kapunda there is a return chute to the right of the gates, which is open 24 hours.
- At Freeling items may be left at the Council Office between 9am to 5pm.
- Unfortunately at Greenock items can only be returned to the library during opening hours.
The staff are here to assist you, just ask!